Key responsibilities for the role:
- Developing analytically driven Credit & Portfolio Risk models. Exploring and implementing alternate modeling techniques to deliver more predictive models of collections, defaults.
- Implementing innovative modeling techniques and data strategies to deliver best in class stress testing and/or credit scoring models
- Structuring and driving operational credit risk management processes effectively (Such as underwriting, risk scoring, repossessions/voluntary buy back schemes etc.) in conjunction with sales force and operations to test and improve the quality of credit risk in the portfolio.
- Performing all required tests and measures of developed models (e.g., sensitivity, accuracy, volatility), delivering comprehensive model documentation, validating and recalibrating models on periodic basis as in line with company’s policies & processes
- Building robust / actionable Portfolio Quality monitoring & review mechanism. This will include regular presentations to Senior Management on Portfolio Quality movement with specific recommended action areas, obtaining sign-offs of relevant stake-holders and ensuring implementation of action items agreed during the Portfolio Reviews.
- Preparation, launch and monitoring of Pilot Schemes for limited period/geography to drive improvements in collections and credit risk of the portfolio.
- Carrying out tampering and fraud analytics with the help of Analytics Team and optimizing fraud detection & prevention framework.
The ideal Global Risk Leader:
- Holds a Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline: Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Operations Research or Statistics
- Has 8+ years of work experience in relevant areas such as Underwriting, Portfolio & Credit Risk monitoring, Credit Analytics & Scoring; Credit card, Micro Finance Institution or Rural Loan industry experience especially in an analytics, policy or credit scoring role is preferred.
- Has prior experience in developing loan level models is preferred using one or more industry recognized modelling constructs is preferred.
- Is a well-networked individual with entrepreneurial energy and passion to develop processes, systems and strong teams that will deliver superior performance.
- Can effectively interact with business partners across functions including risk, technology, product management amongst others
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Is comfortable traveling 7-10 days each month in the field working with operations and sales force