This role is responsible for maintaining and ensuring availability, reliability and continued suitability of business application systems used within APA Insurance.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors on an ongoing basis for speedy and flawless resolution of system issues relating to the new General Insurance System.
- Ensure outstanding project and support issues are delivered on-time and within scope
- Conducting requirements gathering/proactively identifying needs/opportunities; carrying out analysis and translating user requirements to technical documents to be used in system acquisition and enhancement;
- Ensure sufficient user acceptance testing for issues raised in the new GIS using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Performing thorough Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for the errors and changes in both GIS and FMS application systems and recommending/implementing the best solutions – adhoc and on-going basis;
- Analyzing report requirements, designing and developing the required reports from GIS and FMS application systems;
- Planning and conducting training on system functionalities, as well as new developments in reports, system releases, fixes & patches for both GIS and FMS application systems;
- Planning and performing regular health checks and Security Audits on the GIS and FMS application systems and databases within the Group;
- Responsible for Disaster Recovery including system-wide backups and periodic restorations and testing for GIS and FMS systems;
- • Documenting procedures, processes and user manuals for GIS and FMS, for reference within the department and the organization;
- User administration which involves new user setup, access/permission rights – add, modify & revoke.
- Managing the testing and implementation of systems upgrade, releases an patches as well as new technology solutions for APA Insurance
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Management
- • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other related field.
- MCSD / OCA
- Project Management
- At least 4 years relevant experience
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Software development and programming skills
- System analysis skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Training Skills-Ability to train non-technical users on ICT systems