Overview of the Role
A fantastic opportunity has become available at Wefarm for an ambitious Head of Product who’ll help us develop our platform and product eco-system to impact on the lives of millions of farmers across the World.
We’re looking for someone who’ll be the voice of our customers and translate their needs into a clear product vision that not only delivers on these needs but also addresses our wider company ambitions.
Reporting to the CTO in London and working closely with our teams in Nairobi and Kampala, you’ll manage all aspects of growing the network and delivering life changing knowledge to the people that need it most. This role balances data driven insights and the relationships with the people on the ground. You’ll need to excel at translating raw research and complex concepts into clear understandable ideas and plans. You’ll work and interact with all departments of Wefarm, so the role will require travel and occasional unsociable working hours including numerous field trips to meet and learn from farmers in the field. You thrive on the challenges and different environments of working for a startup and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit.
Here’s What You Bring To The Table
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you’re not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or call a farmer to find the answer
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. Work deeply with users, designers, technologists and data scientists in building cutting edge solutions to speed up decision making to real-time with advanced modelling techniques
- Passionate. You care about being part of a team, love enabling others and bringing them together around what’s possible
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. In this role, it is particularly valuable to be able to communicate equally effectively with a wide range of people spanning from semi-literate african farmers, through to international business partners
- Wrangler. You inspire your colleagues and you’re on first name terms with a number of smallholder farmers who you can pick up the phone and call for feedback or an opinion
- Pragmatic. HCD is more than just an acronym. Fail small, fail often and get big one small test at a time! You use MV testing to get a deep understanding of the users of the service
- Gain a deep understanding of smallholder farmers and develop a vision for new products and experiences that will empower them at all phases of their journey
- Work cross functionally with all departments to align vision and drive execution
- Knowledge of AARRR metrics, particularly Activation and Retention, and the mechanics of increasing MAU on a network style platform
- Work with our Agronomists in Kenya and Uganda to make sure the quality of the information passing through our service is accurate and applicable
- Experience in building ‘habit forming products’, and knowledge of how to create ‘stickiness’
- Work closely with engineering & data teams to refine, test and build great experiences
- Work with marketing department to ensure the farmer voice is reflected within all marketing collateral and activities, across geographies
- Connect and communicate the product vision to business partners and teams company wide
- Position yourself as a thought partner in conversion testing and establish a system for consistent optimization techniques in product funnels
- Skilled in wireframing with best UX/UI principles in mind and ability to define product roll-out strategy
- Experience with SMS and/or chat-like services a definite bonus
- We have offices in London, Nairobi and Kampala, so you can expect to spread your time across these. Substantial domestic and international travel is anticipated
Interested Candidates Should Apply Now!
To apply for this role craft your (short) cover letter and resume story around four key metrics:
- Product innovation
What problems did you identify and solve? What did you do while working with designers and engineers to make users more active on your service, keep coming back, and generate revenue?
These are the four main stories we’ll be looking for in your resume.