- Have a Masters in Immunology, Molecular biology or some other laboratory-based science
- Be highly motivated individual interested in developing research proposals
- Work with minimal supervision and have a high standard for research ethics.
- Be interested in working on schistosomiasis
Duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out laboratory assays as outlined in the protocol and oversee laboratory setup
- Contribute material and knowledge in writing and publishing of scientific articles in peer reviewed journals/digests
- Collaborate with other Research Officers in writing of research proposals and sourcing for grants
- Give presentations of project results in national and international meetings
- Perform statistical analysis, judging the validity and reliability of data and produce reports on the results of the analyses
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and deliver quality results.
- Competence in running ELISAs, whole blood and PBMC cultures & cell harvesting/isolation
- Competence in Flow Cytometry techniques.
- Competence in quantitative PCR, DNA extraction will be an added advantage
- Must be a team player with the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.