DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning, developing and implementing PR Strategies
- Liaise with media –coverage of all university functions
- Collating and analyzing media coverage
- Writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports.
- Ensure proper dissemination of corporate publicity information materials like posters, banners, calendars, diaries, prospectus, and monthly update newsletters
- Coverage of university activities- both video and photography
- Maintaining and updating information on the institutional website.
- Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Organize and coordinate university exhibitions and marketing activities.
- Commissioning market research
- Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation
- Conducting internal communication courses and workshops
- Monitoring the public opinions about any issues
- Advising management on policy issues and communication strategies.
- Marketing Umma University in order to increase student enrolment.
- Any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in the relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication/Marketing or equivalent from recognized institution.
- Computer Literacy
- Exemplary work performance
- Excellent communication ,
- Interpersonal and writing skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- The ability to cope with pressure