Responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks, provide training and recommendations about future planning and development of resources.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and Installations of hardware, softwares and network.
- Connect and set up hardware.
- Operations and Maintenance of ICT infastructure within the University,
- Troubleshoot and resolve all IT issues (Hardware, software and Network).
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouse, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
- A Bachelor Degree in IT/Computer Science or Higher National Diploma or equivalent in relevant field. At least3 years’ experience.
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills, graphics, website development programs etc at a highly proficient level.