Reporting to the Logistics Officer, the Assistant Logistic Officer-Storekeeper coordinates warehousing practices i.e. receipts, storage and issuing of materials at the assigned storage facility while adhering to the Logistics Standard Operating Procedures. The Assistant Logistic Officer-Storekeeper has overall responsibility of managing inventories of the assigned stores.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Warehouse Management and Inventory Control.
- In charge of receipts, storage, and issuance of items/commodities as per Logistics Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct Inspection of warehouses, and report any repair/maintenance and fumigation needs to the supervisor.
- Ensure timely offloading of all supplied food and non-food items at the warehouses and update the Logistics Coordination office.
- In charge of receiving and offloading of all CARE sector materials and contacting the user sector to verify goods before receiving them.
- 5 Conduct monthly physical count of all food and non-food commodities in the warehouses and maintain CARE assets inventory for each sector.
- Ensure proper security of the warehouses by keeping warehouse keys in safe custody.
- Ensure cleanliness of the warehouse by supervising the cleaners
Record keeping and report writing.
- Maintaining ledger records and stock/bin cards.
- Prepare daily reports of incoming and outgoing items to the warehouse.
- Prepare precise, analytical and accurate weekly, monthly and yearly stock reports.
- Compile and prepare internal weekly stock sector update and submit to the supervisor.
Supervision and staff development.
- Supervise all the stores refugee incentive workers.
- Ensure that warehousing duties are allocated to various staff under him/her.
- Recommend the motivation of the hard working staff within the sector.
- Appraise staff reporting to him/her as required.
- Manage staff disciplinary and grievance issues.