General Duties and Responsibilities
This position holds to ensure the plans and programs of Pagumen are in congruence with it's vision, mission, strategic objectives and deliverables agreed. The responsibility includes translating the organizational objectives into work plans. Designs flexible itineraries, individual and group tour packages for inbound and outbound tourism activities. Ensures that flexible and customized tour service prices are prepared.
Responsible for directing, coordinating, controlling and managing car hire activities and travel services- facilitating domestic and international air tickets, reservations. Ensures that all the company’s fleet /vehicles/ is always properly maintained, in excellent order and condition and ready for operational activities. Ensure planned activities are executed with quality and professional standards as well as developing project ideas and proposals.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, controls and manages the overall activities of the Tour and Travel, Ticketing and Car rent Operation.
- Efficiently responding to and communicating with individuals, groups, tour operators of different countries, as well as locally who are looking for tour services, providing them with all the necessary information about itineraries, individual and group tour packages, tour service prices etc…and enters into agreement as required.
- Designs itineraries, individual and group tour packages for inbound and outbound tourism activities.
- Based on the market research prepares individual and group package tour and other service prices and from time to time revises same depending upon market condition, research and competitors’ analysis.
- In accordance with the existing international rules and regulations, responsibly receives air tickets from airlines and hands them over to the company’s ticketing agent accordingly. Ensures that customers are given appropriate services in accordance with international rules and standards.
- Ensures that ticket offices are of top quality standards, opulent, spacious, system focused, technologically driven and are always tidy and ready to render appropriate services to customers.
- Ensures that air ticket sales commissions are collected from the concerned airlines in time according to the agreement in place.
- In cooperation with Marketing and Business Development Department, promotes and develops domestic tourism by designing various tour programs and tour packages for Ethiopians, diasporas and others so that they can visit places of touristic interest /tourist destinations /attractions/, and take part in various religious and cultural celebrations and festivities.
- Ensures that all self and chauffeur driven vehicles are always ready and available in their duty stations – hotels, airports, main and branch offices etc… for car hire and transfer services.
- In cooperation with the Logistics and Resource Management Department, ensures that all the company’s fleet /vehicles/ are always properly maintained, in excellent order and condition and ready for operational activities.
- Ensures that tour programs, arrangements and operational activities run according to plan and schedule and as safely, smoothly and enjoyable as possible from beginning to end by ascertaining that tourists are provided with efficient, reliable and appropriate services, caterings and accommodations and with practical support through the trip aiming to exceed their expectations.
- Effectively deals with customer enquiries, feedback, comments, tour problems, the analyzes, evaluates and responds appropriately, immediately takes remedial measures as required and depending upon the severity of the problem reports to the Chief Executive Officer for swift solutions.
- Participates and ensures that employees under him/her supervision participate in skill up-grading, and performance enhancing training programs as required.
- Ensures that job description is given to employees under his/her supervision analyzing, controlling, coordinating and managing the performance of their activities in achieving the company’s basic objectives, plans and policies. Giving guidance and immediate solutions, when problem arises in departmental activities.
- Ensures that all the company’s tour agents, tour operators and other partners are groomed properly wear uniform and knowledgeable about tour destination areas
- Prepares annual plan and budget for the department and submits for approval to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Developing team spirit among staff.
- Ensuring staffs have internalized the values of the Organization.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually performance report of the department and submits to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Master’s degree in Tourism and Hotel , economics, business administration or related disciplines with 5 years’ experience in senior management role
- Significant experience in supporting business establishment or start-ups in the form of business advises, Tourism and Hotel and management.
- Excellent communication and partnership management skills
- Extensive Business management experience and good organizational, management and leadership skills
- Both verbal and written fluency in English and knowledge of French or any other language is desirable
- Ability to work independently and shoulder delegated authority
- Visionary with strong technical and analytic capacities and sound judgment
- Team player and strong experience in managing hospitality and resource mobilization.
How to Apply
All interested candidates who meet the above criteria and wish to be considered are requested to submit their application with non-returnable comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV), a copy of credentials, and the names and addresses of three references within 10 days from the date of this announcement to: firstname.lastname@example.org