Reporting to the Construction Supervisor, the Construction Foreman will coordinate operations and oversee workers at construction sites. He/she will be the point of reference of both workers and supervisors and will be a key person for the completion of construction project. The post holder is expected make quick decisions related to shelter activities in the field. He/She must be well organized and value safety above everything else. The incumbent will be based in the field in most of the assignments.
II: RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Coordination of construction activities
- Coordinate construction tasks according to priorities and plans.
- Produce schedules and monitor attendance of construction staff.
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
Distribution of Shelter Kits
- Working with the refugee community leaders, plan for the distribution of shelter kits.
- Ensure each beneficiary receives the shelter repair kit as per the distribution modality.
- Supervision of staff
- Overall responsibility of staff working in the construction site.
- Directly supervise casual laborer.
- Participate in the recruitment of construction staff.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly construction report.
- Develops yearly construction report.
- Participate in the evaluation of shelter activities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
Diploma in Building Construction or related field. Certificate in Building Construction with strong work experience will be considered.
At least 3 years working experience in the field of building and construction preferably with an international NGO. Certificate: Windows-CAD programme and MS Office
- Prior exposure and experience in supervising construction works and inventory management
- Hands-on experience in working with community based structures
- Experience managing construction budgets
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment or with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team environment
- Flexibility and willing to adapt to changing environment
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Good Organizational and Planning skills Employee Signature: