An officer at this level will be responsible to the Director, Corporate Services for overall management of the Human Resource and Administration Function. Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Coordinating the development of human resource management and administration policies, strategies, plans and programmes.
- Coordinating recruitment, staff training and development programmes and industrial relations matters.
- Coordinating the implementation of the performance management system;
- Facilitating human resource planning and succession management;
- Overseeing the provision of office accommodation and equipment.
- Overseeing the management of assets for IGRTC, transport, records, security services and other general administrative activities and programmes;
- Mentoring and coaching staff
(b) Job Specifications
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- Have served in the grade of Assistance Director, Human Resource Management for a minimum period of three (3) years, in a busy organization,
- Have Bachelor’s degree in either Human Resource Management or Industrial Relations, or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any other Social Science plus a Diploma in either Human Resource Management or Industrial Relations, or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in either Public Administration or Business Administration, or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be registered with the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) or any other relevant professional body;
- Have a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution. Be of proven integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Have a good understanding of the mandate of IGRTC and the role of human resource management and administration in realization of the same; and
- Have demonstrated outstanding professional competence and managerial and leadership ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- In addition to the above requirements, he must have the following key competencies:
- Interpersonal skills including being a team player
- Integrity and commitment to producing results
- Proven working attitude and ability to give and take instructions and
- Ability to get on well with the diverse workforce.