One Acre Fund orders and distributes improved farm inputs across thousands of rural sites to generate 50% in farm profit improvements for every client we serve. All this starts will purchasing over $40M worth of agricultural and non-agricultural inputs for farmers in 2017. Accurate forecasting, proactive order coordination, and rock-solid data management and reporting systems are mission critical to ensuring farmers receive the resources they need to grow themselves out of poverty.
We’re looking for one key person to be the central hub interfacing between purchasers, field units, logistics teams, finance, and accounting. This person will start by developing a team of 2 direct reports and will be the lead coordinator for a couple dozen people across the organization. In this role, you’ll be asked to drive supply chain efficiency, eliminate waste across the value chain, and reduce supply risk across 8 countries by setting a high bar for forecast accuracy, data integrity, and effective communication. We’ll be asking you to play a key role optimizing $40M in annual spend while preparing our operations for scale to ultimately deliver high quality live improving goods at the feet of the 500,000 smallholder farmers we serve.
Responsibilities of the Supply Chain Operations Associate role will be:
- Be the key coordinator between procurement staff and over 2 dozen internal customers across 6 core countries and 2 pilot programs.
- Collaborate with country leadership and logistics teams to maximize end-to-end supply chain efficiency, eliminate waste from the value chain, and save costs.
- Leverage forecasting and inventory planning tools to generate and maintain 12-month rolling demand forecast and purchasing plan with target seasonal stock levels and payment timing.
- Join forces with the Financial Advisory team to implement an effective pricing model across country programs.
- Generate guidelines for clients to manage order and forecast process as well as how to handle excess inventory and stock outs.
- Develop sophisticated data analyses to drive order forecasting and pricing decisions, improve supply chain efficiency, and drive operational scalability.
- Extract and analyze system data using SAP Business One, Power BI, and excel to identify and recommend improvements to supply chain metrics and performance standards.
- Use data analytics to drive on-time deliveries and deliver world class customer service to our clients.
- Set the standard for high quality inventory data management across the organization.
- Develop organizational Key Performance Indicators and targets for data management, forecasting, and order timeliness.
- Aggregate and report on supply chain KPIs quarterly to organizational leadership.
- Use reporting tools to drive behavior change within supply chain and across the organization with monthly purchasing, inventory movement, and forecast accuracy reports.
- Mentor supply chain staff to build leadership and project management skills.
- Set ambitious goals for your direct reports and support their achievements.
- Identifying strong talent pools for recruiting high quality supply chain staff.
- Become familiar with One Acre Fund teams and structures to ensure your team is effectively supporting their internal clients including Finance and Logistics.
- Build outstanding communication channels to deliver overall process transparency to your internal clients.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with experience in and a passion for procurement and supply chain. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment, preferably in positions where frequent cross-department communication was required.
- Experience in procurement, logistics, or supply chain management preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP reporting skills strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel and other software packages required.
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills. You don’t take no for an answer and constantly look for alternative solutions to problems.
- A passion for world class customer service.
- Strong quantitative reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- Outstanding communication skills with direct reports, peers and management.
- Experience working internationally preferred.
- Leadership experience at work or outside of work.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Top-performing academic background.
- Language: English required, French and Swahili preferred.