Purpose of the Position:
To implement and manage the operational business process management framework across various functions, ensuring quality of performance on Service Level Agreements with a view to enhancing customer experience. To work collaboratively across the bank’s business and operational units to improve business processes and customer facing systems and introduce innovation into the processes/systems to impact results, enhance profitability and ensure that business process/systems improvement outcomes are in harmony with the Bank’s strategic goals. To play an integral role in increasing Customer Satisfaction, Net Promoter Score and efficiencies tied to the bottom line through prioritized system enhancements and process improvements.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & APPROXIMATE TIME SPLITS % ACCOUNTABILITY OUTPUT
- Business Process Improvement and SLA implementation: (55%)
- Design and implement customer centric business processes in line with changing customer expectations and ensure they are operationalized in all customer facing business systems, challenging the status quo vis-à-vis the customer expectations to bridge the gap
- Lead process improvement initiatives through customer journey mapping and work with cross-functional teams to coordinate and streamline business processes; identify risks and issues and prioritize processes to be improved.
- Facilitate teams to critically review current processes for effectiveness, quality and simplification. Diagnose process “pain-points”; evaluate and develop alternative or effective solutions in liaison with key stakeholders.
- Implement process solutions to improve operational efficiency and recommend innovative solutions to achieve operational effectiveness, promote implementation of best practices
- Develop metrics to ensure processes improvement implementations are successfully measured and efforts are attached to improved Customer Satisfaction and NPS. Identify opportunities for business process optimization by analyzing the process data metrics.
- Prepare and update business process dashboard reports to monitor and measure post implementation benefits to meet improvement targets and drive SLA adherence and Review.
- Create, update and review documentation for new and existing business processes and drive integration of new process with existing business processes. 8. Provide training on new processes as needed.
Operational Management (20%)
- Keep abreast of industry standards and processes and initiate trials and site visits for benchmarking.
- Include the Voice of the Customer, when developing and improving processes, to establish priorities, from the customer stand point of view.
- Conduct User Acceptance testing for new products and services to ensure they pass the customer experience acceptable levels before launch.
- Work directly with stakeholders to discuss & evaluate product feature requests and/or issues by institionalizing customer journey maps
Business Development (15%)
- Develop strategies to increase the quality and efficiency of support to customers
- Develop challenging quality metrics across the bank and monitor performance.
- Contribute to product development and improvement through continuous feedback analysis collected through the process and product evaluations.
Leadership and People Development (10%)
- Build, develop and motivate high performance and workgroups committed to success.
- Set challenging performance objectives and measures for the workgroups and provide regular feedback and honest assessment on achievement.
- Train, guide and provide leadership, direction and pace to working groups.
- Be a role model for the workgroups, performing my duties wholeheartedly. 5. Invest in self-development
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field Upper 2nd Class or equivalent. Professional Qualifications:
- Project Management Certification and experience with MS Projects
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification or other recognized Business Process Improvement Methodologies
- 5 years working experience in Business Management or Customer service role within a Sales/ service environment, of which 2 years should be in Project management role
- High level of understanding of bank systems and those in the industry with practical experience in the use of workflow systems and a good understanding of technology.
- Practical experience with banking applications software and advanced user skills for relevant MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)