Preliminary scope of work
- Support and develop all Programme activities in timber value chain development including development of forest management (with social emphasis on pruning and thinning) as well as SMEs along forest value chain.
- Provide information and guidance at farmer level in targeted sub-county areas on interventions for farm forestry development.
- Provide information and guidance for CFAs in selected KFS forest stations.
- Support in assessment of potential service providers, developing service delivery models, selecting service providers as well as developing TORs and contractual arrangements.
- Support liaison with County Government as well as developing their capabilities in service delivery in forestry.
- Liaise and coordinate with outsourced service providers and farmers/communities to ensure a consistent understanding and implementation of the overall forest utilization and market approach and activities.
- Work on close cooperation with the timber value chain adviser in implementation of programme interventions.
General Qualifications required
MSc in forest management, forest economics, natural resources management or other relevant discipline. Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- 10 years’ experience in technical areas relevant to the assignment.
- Demonstrated capacityorking in forest managements especially in plantation and farm forestry.
- Proven experience in working alongside local communities/tree growing farmers as resource managers or local entrepreneurs.
- Experience in legal and policy advocacy skills and particular knowledge of forest policies.
- Experience in Results Based Management.
Duration: 4 years (start 4/2018)