Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Head of Information Technology, the incumbent undertakes the following responsibilities:
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimization, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
- With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
- Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organized.
- Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. ITIL Foundation Certification would be an asset.
- Four years of progressively responsible work experience in IT, telecommunications and information management such as WAN/LAN networking, operating systems administration and web design. Experience in client support such as Help Desk or user support unit and telephone maintenance service would be an added advantage.
- Experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
- Proven knowledge and ability to effectively use basic software packages and commonly used office equipment.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing ICT services. Knowledge of IT service desk tools and operational procedures is advantageous.