National Oil Corporation of Kenya is desirous of recruiting a qualified professional to the position of General Manager, Finance, Treasury and Trade. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the ideal candidate will take overall charge of managing of the Corporation’s Finance and Trading departments.
- Develop and implement the Corporation’s Finance and Trading strategies;
- Champion the business process improvement and continuity agenda for the Corporation by enhancing and optimizing the processes for existing products and services to ensure all times efficient, effective and competitive;
- Ensure that Corporation’s interests are adequately covered through insurance to minimize exposure to losses;
- Overseeing preparation of the Corporation’s annual budget and final accounts;
- Ensuring that finance and trade departments are consistent with the Corporation’s best practices;
- Overseeing implementation of day-to-day activities of oil trading;
- Overseeing the development, utilization, and maintenance of models to evaluate oil trading opportunities;
- Securing funding for the Corporations activities at the most competitive rates and managing the Treasury function;
- Monitoring the performance of the Corporation’s liabilities such as leases, insurance summaries, contingencies and loan expectations;
- Monitoring the annual financial budget and submitting performance reports to the Board and management;
- Ensuring revenue assurance, disbursements, accounting and reporting;
- Designing and ensuring compliance and adherence to company policies, procedures and systems and statutory requirements; and
- Coaching, mentoring and developing the finance team and ensuring excellent performance and effective succession planning in the Department.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management, Finance and Accounting or any business field or equivalent.
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Commerce, or other related field
- CPA-K or ACCA Experience
- At least 12 years’ relevant experience, 5 of which should have been at a senior management level in Finance.
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing people, operations and financial resources;
- Proven ability to think strategically and design long term plans
- Strong supervision, coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills