PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH seeks a Health Systems Strengthening Advisor to provide overall technical oversight of the project and is specifically responsible for project implementation that relates to facility and community level service delivery for International Development (USAID)-funded HIV/AIDS health program based in Kenya. PATH supports local governments, US government (USG) implementing partners, and local technical experts in the design and implementation of high quality, impactful programs. Candidates must have knowledge and experience with devolution and the functions and organization of county governments.
- Strengthen institutional capacity and accountability for the management of community, facility, and county HIV response as well as support to the health sector as a whole, including county governance and strategic planning and Human Resources for Health (HRH), and other areas as desired.
- Ensure a seamless link between service delivery interventions and county capacity for systems development.
- Conduct stakeholder mapping/assessments to determine capacity gaps and plans for building capacity.
- Coordinate with other implementing partners and donors to ensure coordinated activity planning to support health system strengthening.
- Ensure quality implementation of health systems strengthening efforts across human resources for health, country planning and budgeting, health management information systems, and quality improvement.
- Development and assessment of key inputs (including infrastructure and staffing standards) essential to delivery of HIV/AIDS health delivery services at different types of medical facilities.
- Provide technical expertise in rational packaging of priority HIV/AIDS health service delivery across the health system and their integration in publicly funded programs and/or private insurance schemes.
- Develop individual and institutional capacities (from curricula development to their implementation) in health system strengthening, quality improvement and continuous professional development in HIV/AIDS health service delivery fields.
- Master’s Degree in health policy and administration, health sector development, public health or related field.
- Minimum seven years of relevant, senior-level professional experience managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs in the areas of health policy and administration, health sector development, public health with a minimum of five years’ experience in sub-Saharan Africa, Kenya experience preferred.
- Minimum five years demonstrated experience in managing and supervising health systems activities and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.