JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
The purpose of this role is to achieve business growth for the Bank by selling Business Banking Unit products within assigned market segment, and by promoting and selling other products and services of the Bank to enhance value-add relationship with existing customers. This incorporates prospecting and acquiring new customers, and pursuing incremental business within the existing customers, as well as managing customer expectations to sustain the business relationship. The role also has team leadership responsibilities for a team of Relationship Managers and Officers
- Business Development and Relationship Management - Managing and retaining existing relationships and generating new business in the assigned market segments by providing core banking products and services. This will include increase customer base, growth in balance sheet (assets/ liabilities & contingent liabilities), growth in earnings, increased facility utilization and actively cross-selling bank products and services. Effectively performing account relationship management tasks to reduce complaints while meeting customer expectations. Develop strategies for customer acquisition and retention through; calls, visits, needs assessment, customer qualification and follow-up meetings (40%)
- Real Data validation – Site visit with Relationship Managers to validate data provided by customers (10%)
- Origination, Preparation and Analysis of Credit Applications – Preparing financing proposals through the appropriate credit approval process. This is by analyzing financial statements, negotiating terms and conditions for facilities and managing administrative tasks including credit analysis and processing (10%)
- Monitoring and Maintenance of Portfolio Quality Standards - Consistently adhering to and application of established policies, processes, and tools to achieve optimal efficiency, compliance and cost containment. Minimization of exposures to and impact of risks associated with client portfolio in line with Bank credit policies, CBK regulatory requirements, and KYC and AML policies. (20%)
- Reporting: Prepare and maintain appropriate reports for the Department and Team portfolio (as managed by the Relationship Managers under the Team Leader) and per set operational guidelines. (10%)
- Team Leadership – Leadership of a team of Relationship Managers and Officers. Training and mentoring the other team leaders and relationship managers in the unit. (10%)
- Leadership skills to effectively manage direct reports for strong performance and productivity target achievement.
- Interpersonal skills to create and maintain relevant business networks; and to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Credit and Financial analysis skills to effectively assess and recommend prospect credits to Bank approvers and stakeholders
- Relationship management skills to effectively perform relationship management activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Sales skills to prospect and close business
- Knowledge of Business Banking products especially for SME segment.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Strong customer focus/ empathy with the world of small business to effectively respond to the various nuances of small business operations and the nature of entrepreneurial personality in efforts to meet SME customer needs.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- University Degree in Business related course – Upper Second or GPA 3.0.
- Qualification in AKIB or CPA (K) will be added advantage
- At least 8 years successful experience in similar position or in Relationship Manager
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Packages