Reporting to the Construction Supervisor, the Project assistant will use the beneficiary list from UNHCR to coordinate the distribution of shelter kits. He/She is expected to organize for the collection of shelter kits from the warehouse and preposition for distribution at respective distribution points. The position holder will keep records of the beneficiary and assist in the identification of new beneficiary based on the previous records.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Distribution of shelter Kits
- Organize for prepositioning of shelter kits in the distribution sites a day before distribution.
- Ensure all the recipients of shelter kits have acknowledged collecting the items through signing or thump print.
- Account for all the shelter kits distributed and the returns
Record keeping and office liaison
- Safety keeps record of all shelter beneficiaries and distribution reports.
- Facilitate the preparation of shelter reports and submission to the donor.
- Assist in the performance of regular office work.
Supervision of staff
- Directly supervise casual laborer.
- Participate in the recruitment of casual staff.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly distribution report.
- Consolidate yearly distribution report.
- Participate in the evaluation of shelter activities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES Education:
Minimum of Certificate in Building Construction. Experience: At least two years working experience in the field of building and construction preferably with an international NGO. Certificate: Windows-CAD programme and MS Office
- Prior exposure and experience in supervising construction works and inventory management
- Hands-on experience in working with community based structures
- Experience managing construction budgets
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment or with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team environment
- Flexibility and willing to adapt to changing environment
- Good communication and writing skills.
- · Good Organization