Purpose of the role:
Ensuring the profitability of asset products and quality of the loan portfolio by collecting the delinquent receivables efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring the profitability of SME portfolio by improving quality of the loan portfolio by collecting the delinquent receivables efficiently and effectively
- Must maintain maximum forward flow rate at 8% of the allocated book.
- Initiate appropriate control processes and innovation in collections and recoveries to ensure increased output and mitigation of high risk accounts.
- Ensure effective escalation of loss accounts to legal to maximize on recovery targets.
- Implement Credit Administration policies. I.e. exercise the enforcement process of recovering debts through constant calling, sending sms and letters, instructing RPO’s where necessary and ensuring that no losses are incurred in terms of debt recovery.
- Receiving payments (mostly in form of cheque) and ensure banking is done promptly to the correct accounts
- Provide accurate & relevant information on loans to customers at all times
- Promptly attend to customers’ requests and queries either through call backs, faxing or mailing requested documents Track and document early detection of problem accounts: i.e. cases of Fraud, FIDs skip trace and ensure that they are escalated and acted upon as per Collections Strategy.
- Reduce operational losses and ensuring timely closure of audit and compliance issues.
- Customer due diligence and account monitoring through timely issuance of demand letters and recommending problematic accounts for escalation
- Ensure the department achieves satisfactorily rating in all audits by coordinating the monthly snap checks
- Observe the fundamentals to a smooth running of collection operations while observing to reduce operational losses and ensuring timely closure of audit and compliance issues, cost control and compliance with internal and legal requirements.
- Service delivery Execute and manage customer, departmental and organizational out serve.
- Manage and control all matters relating to delinquent accounts.
- Provide feedback concerning customer payment behaviour for an improved credit approval process. This is by regularly updating the incident report to facilitate resolution of customer issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Minimizing customer complaints and provide requisite back up to colleagues and other bank staff especially in dealing with difficult customer disputes/queries.
- Providing customer feedback and timely replies to various customer correspondences or escalating for speedy resolution.
- Identification of diverse customer issues and complaints thus resolving various issues and escalation of cases requiring referral for better resolution. Job Specifications (Ideal)
- A University degree in a business related field
- Qualifications in Credit Management/Debt Collection will be a definite advantage.
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K)
- 3 years’ experience in banking experience in bank operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Versatility, flexibility, passion and commitment to quality service delivery.