This is a senior role which will design and drive sales and distribution strategies to support the unique combination of relevant channels in the East African market.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Establishing and managing channel partner networks for Sun King products
- Developing new business: prospecting, qualifying and closing new channel partners
- Delivery of annual revenue and unit sales targets
- Identifying key resources needed to execute the right sales and distribution strategy, including hiring and managing field sales staff, managing budgets for market activations and channel incentives to meet sales targets.
- Managing client relationships through all phases of the sales cycle
- Providing a consultative solutions-based sales process to prospects
- Conducting one-on-one and group sales and training presentations
- Managing and growing existing accounts within the territory
- Co-ordination with the head office for all technical, commercial, administrative and legal assistance.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a college/university degree and at least 8-10 years of sales and business development experience in the East African region working with channel networks.
- Has experience building and executing a sales and distribution strategy for consumer durables, renewable or FMCG products.
- Has a strong entrepreneurial streak, is innovative and has experience building market relevant sales and distribution models for new brands and/or product categories
- Has a strong record of meeting revenue targets and experience growing new business lines
- Is entrepreneurial and excited about the opportunity to creatively build effective, non-traditional sales channels in a nascent product category
- Is fluent in English and Swahili, both written and spoken
- Is passionate about his/her work and driven by Greenlights social mission of bringing innovative, renewable energy and life-enhancing products to African markets
- Is comfortable working independently and remotely in a lean environment
- Likes getting hands on to figure out how to grow a high-potential business
- Is a natural people-person, one that thrives off of building strong relationships both within the organization and externally
- Is willing to spend 40-50% of his/her time on the road interacting with partners, resellers and customers