We are looking for a well networked individual with a knack for identifying, building, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. As the driving force behind generating new sales leads and contacts, the business development manager will become a key part of Greenlight Planet’s senior management team responsible for growing our business across East Africa
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Identify trendsetter ideas- tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Propose potential business deals and explore opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partner needs and goals.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Enhance the organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Deliver annual revenue and new business objectives
- Co-ordinate with head office for all technical, commercial, administrative and legal assistance.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a university degree and at least 6-10 years of sales and business development experience in East Africa.
- Has a strong entrepreneurial streak, is innovative and has experience building market relevant sales and distribution models for new brands and/or product categories
- Has a proven track record of developing new markets and acquiring new high value prospects
- Is entrepreneurial and excited about the opportunity to creatively build effective, non-traditional sales channels in a nascent product category
- Is fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Is passionate about his/her work and driven by Greenlights social mission of bringing innovative, renewable energy and life-enhancing products to African markets
- Is comfortable working independently and remotely in a lean environment
- Likes getting hands on to figure out how to grow a high-potential business
- Is a natural people-person, one that thrives off of building strong relationships both within the organization and externally
- Is willing to spend 40-50% of his/her time on the road interacting with partners, resellers and customers