Reporting to the Head of Resource Mobilization, the Associate Resource Mobilization Officer will have overall responsibility for supporting the gathering of information on donor policies and priorities, and subsequently updating donor profiles, assisting in the preparation of value add reports, helping in the preparation of and participation in internal/external meetings, and assisting in developing and maintaining contacts with donor agencies. S/he will also support the facilitation of negotiations and signing of new funding agreements, while assisting in the implementation of AGRA’s Public-Private Partnership resource mobilization strategy. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in identifying, establishing and maintaining relations with partners – establishing relationships based on trust, including through informal contacts with counterparts in donor agencies
- Support the negotiation and signing of new funding agreements
- Help gathering information on donor policies and priorities, and subsequently, update donor profiles
- Assist with information gathering to improve AGRA’s knowledge of donors’ strategies and policies and to better direct its resource mobilization efforts.
- Assist in drafting donor specific strategy papers, providing inputs for regular reports on technical cooperation and assisting in the preparation of briefings for senior management
- Help in the preparation and conducting of formal meetings with donor agencies and note taking for any follow-up action following the meetings
- Assist in replying to questions about donors from country and field units
- Participate in drafting donor specific strategy papers
- Assist in the preparation of reports that show the results achieved by Resource Mobilization and its value add
- Help in preparing and participate in internal/external meetings, including annual review meetings with multi-bilateral donors, thematic meetings and resource mobilization events, governing body committees, programming meetings and missions
- Assist in developing and maintaining contacts with donor agencies as appropriate, covering a specific set of donors to be agreed upon
- Contribute to maintaining networks and actively engaging in knowledge sharing, information dissemination on AGRA’s priorities and promotion of AGRA’s technical cooperation programme
- Support the facilitation of the negotiation and signing of new funding agreements, working in close cooperation with other AGRA units (legal and financial departments and country offices) and ensuring proper stakeholder management
- Assist in the implementation of AGRA’s Public-Private Partnership resource mobilization strategy. This includes collaborating with the relevant staff in developing and updating promotional materials, and assisting AGRA leadership in donor countries and in the Regions with entering into new Public-Private Partnerships
- Perform other duties as required by the Unit Head.
Key Qualifications and Experience required
- Master’s degree in International Development, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Public Finance, Public Administration, Rural Development, Social Sciences, or any other relevant field
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Social science, International studies or other relevant field.
- Fluency in English; Knowledge of French will be an advantage
- Proficiency in using applications software, including: presentation, spreadsheet, word processing, and project management tools
- Results-oriented, accountable, proactive and able to work on behalf of AGRA with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and with polish to individuals and groups of people
- Results-oriented and accountable
- Optimistic and persuasive that African farmers and consumers will benefit from improved, well-adapted agricultural technologies and reforms across the input and output value chains
- Ability to translate program based concepts into practical realities