Reporting to the Managing Director, E-plus the Public Relations & Communications Officer responsible for proper communications, positive media relations and promotion of good relations between the organization, key stakeholders and the public.
Duties and Responsibilities;-
- Planning, organizing, and implementing overall communication and marketing strategies, as well as public information activities
- Planning and covering E-plus activities in electronic and print for dissemination to the mainstream media and the public
- Managing, planning, directing and implementing proactive communication programs to enhance the image of E-plus and its visibility both internally and externally
- Overseeing E-plus digital communication, including the content for the website, social media, and newsletters
- Conducting targeted campaigns and competitions, both offline and via online social media.
- Development of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) items such as brochures, fact sheets, booklets and magazine
- Coordinating the development of graphics as a way of telling E-plus stories through infographics and factographics
- Engage is photography and videography, capturing E-plus activities in a way that enhances its brand and visibility
- Create positive media relations with local, national and international media
- Monitor appearances of E-plus and its staff in the media, as well as participation in internal and external forums
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and line organizations and stakeholders.
- Organising visibility opportunities through press conferences, interviews, press releases, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits
- Providing clients with information about E-plus services, goods and promotional opportunities.
- Liaising with clients and management about budgets, timescales and objectives
- Drafting of speeches, talking notes, letters and communiques as and when required
- Documentation and sharing with various stakeholders lessons learnt through various processes of delivering our mission
- Capture and manage access to relevant data, stories and expertise required to advance
- University Degree and Diploma in Mass Communication, PR, and /or Journalism from a government recognized institution
- 3 years’ experience in media relations, PR and communications or corporate affairs in a busy organization
Skills and knowledge
- Communication skills (Oral and Written)
- Research skills
- Presentation skills
- Public Relations and/or Journalism
- Marketing and events promotion
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Awareness of different media agendas