PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Operations Assistant will work with World Vision’s Impact and Engagement group who work across the globe. Support will be provided to individuals who are located geographically close to the Operations Assistant, providing support for personnel issues, invoice tracking, consultant contracts, etc.
Support will also be provided to facilitate team operations for a specific team where the leader of the team is located geographically close by. This will include preparation of reports, coordinating team meetings, etc. but doesn’t include supporting all the staff in the team, nor attending team meetings.
- Supporting People and Culture (HR) processes for assigned Impact & Engagement staff.
- Supporting finance related processes for assigned Impact & Engagement staff.
- Supporting reporting for assigned team.
- Supporting team operations for assigned team (not individuals in the team)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of proficiency in using email, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Professional.
- Substantial experience in most or all of the key tasks required in the role.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems constructively and efficiently.
- Preferably involvement in relief/development work.
- Positive, can-do attitude with strong inclination towards serving others and teamwork.
- Cross-cultural relations skills.
- Solutions oriented, highly organized, focused and able to set and balance multiple priorities.