Purpose of the position:
The position holder will provide both program coordination and technical support to the food Assistance program. He/ She will support the transition of the food assistance program to a recovery and development phase.
The job holder will ensure program reporting and compliance at the field level and contribute to the project development process by documenting, compiling and disseminating programming opportunities and gaps. He/ She will be expected to provide hands on support in program implementation through periodic field monitoring and ensuring capacity gaps are identified and capacity building plans developed and implemented in a timely manner.
Food Program Management
Provide technical supervision to the field based Commodity Officers and organize periodic meetings to discuss targets and outputs for effective implementation of the program.
Ensure adequate food stocks and healthy pipeline and prepare comprehensive operation plans for the Food Assistance Program.
Make regular field visits to Food Assistance locations, oversee the implementation and review monthly distribution plans before they are submitted to WFP Area Offices.
Support in implementation of projects as per the approved budgets and participate in the preparation of budgets for upcoming projects
- Continually collect and compile information/data to support development of new proposals or to inform amendment of the ongoing project
Networking and collaboration
- Attend and participate in national coordination meetings, Budget negotiations and partnership meetings with donors and partners.
- Coordinate with implementing partners on implementation progress, field monitoring visits, review meetings and donor missions.
Capacity development of staff and implementing partners
- Conduct training for field staff on commodity management, reporting and documentation.
- Support the Partnership Coordinator in capacity assessment for all potential GIK and food assistance implementing partners and support in the capacity development action plans.
- Ensure that all program interventions in Food Assistance are effectively supported in terms of the assessment, design, implementation and evaluation stages of LEAP and /or other partnership and donor standards;
- Ensure that all projects have the appropriate systems and processes in place and receive timely and technical support to meet or exceed World Vision key performance indicators for food assistance and achieve acceptable audit results
- Compile reports from the field locations ensuring completeness of narrative information, accuracy of quantitative data, lessons learnt, inclusion of program or security challenges and other grant agreement requirements.
- Streamline feedback to the field by incorporating feedback from M&E, Finance, Senior Program officers, the CARO and Technical advisors.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Should have a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Community Development, Nutrition or a relevant field with extensive experience in the field of Food Assistance Programming and Management.
- They must have a minimum of 5years’ experience designing, planning, implementing, supervising and reporting on Food Assistance Programming and at least 2 years’ experience as a Manager;
- Should demonstrate experience in supporting/coordinating successfully, multi-partner/multi-geographic area large grants.
- They must have both an extensive conceptual understanding of and demonstrated practical command for implementing program design, management and evaluation principles:
- Demonstrates the ability to develop quality reports under tight deadlines. Must be able to succinctly express key points, efficiently summarize and compile large amounts of information and ensure accuracy and logical flow of reported information.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, able to detect gaps or missing information, efficient in analyzing information, and succinct in producing verbal and written summaries of key points.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal and diplomatic skills, able to negotiate win-win situations and drive for results.
- Demonstrated ability to work across cultures.
- Excellent communication skills with vast experience in project management.