PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
We seek to recruit a Data Demand and Information Use and Data Analytics Specialist will work with the Health Informatics Governance and Data Analytics (HIGDA) project and will report to the PATH Senior Strategic Information and M&E Advisor based in Nairobi. His/her job will be to lead dissemination and implementation pf the national data analytics framework, contribute to improved digital health data use in the health sector, develop capacity in data analytics and use and national program and County level and work with relevant stakeholders to increase the use of data analytics in policy programmatic and budget related decision making.
This position, based in Nairobi, Kenya requires the ability to work effectively and diplomatically with multiple stakeholders including the Kenya Ministry of Health, development partners and various implementing partners
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Support dissemination and implementation of the national health data analytics framework (under development).
- Review data systems and identify gaps within the healthcare space and articulate a vision for improved digital health data use for the country.
- Develop and disseminate county dashboards and other information products specific to HIV, maternal and reproductive health, newborn/child/adolescent health, malaria, and supply chain.
- Build the capacity of national programs and County staff in data analytics using developed curricula and conduct follow-on mentorship.
- Work with academic institutions to conduct regular independent analysis and reviews of the health sector performance and particularly the SDGs.
- Work with other USG strategic information mechanisms to strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of DHIS2, Situation room, DSL and other platforms.
Data Demand and Information use:
- Support dissemination of the national (Kenya) health data use strategy.
- Strengthen use of visualization and analytics, at national programs and focal Counties, to improve program performance, data quality and use.
- Build the capacity of national programs and County staff in data demand and information use applying developed curricula and conduct follow-on mentorship.
- Build a case and action plan for increasing data use for programmatic and budget decision-making national programs and county levels.
- Work with stakeholders (national programs and focal Counties) to develop, disseminate, and monitor implementation of data utilization plans at national programs and focal Counties.
- Disseminate health indicator outcomes through HIS/M&E bulletins to the public and monitor implementation of data utilization plans for national programs and focal counties.
- Support Counties to develop County Health Profiles and disease program bulletins.
- Bachelor degree in computer system or management information systems or any health related degree with health informatics experience preferred. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of combined professional experience in one of the following industries: government health, IT management consulting, corporate IT, or equivalent information system design, development, and administration.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly motivational, negotiation, listening, judgment, analytic, and conflict management skills.
- Proven ability to mentor, coach, and train through a variety of methods including online, face-to-face, or blended learning opportunities.
- Background in public health, health care, or global health preferred.
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 50 percent.
- Proven expertise in use of Tableau, Excel, PowerBI, DHIS2, and other data management/visualization/analytical platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.