DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Relay departure, arrival, delay, aircraft and airfield status, and other pertinent information to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and medical team and both sub-charter and AMREF flights
- Conduct departure and arrival briefings to crew as well communicate relevant information to patients or those accompanying them.
- Implement airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
- Maintain air-to-ground and point-to-point radio contact with aircraft commanders.
- Monitor the arrival, parking, refueling, loading, and departure of both sub-charter and AMREF flights
- Procure, produce, and provide information on the safe operation of aircraft, such as flight planning publications, operations publications, charts and maps, and weather information.
- Provide both sub-charter and AMREF aircrew with information and services needed for airfield management and flight planning.
- Coordinate with the applicable agencies to meet aircrew requirements for refueling, ground services, crew transportation and accommodation.
- In conjunction with the Flight Operations Officer and medical team answer telephones and respond to operational queries as required to the satisfaction of AFD clients.
- Ensure data entry of all relevant flight information into the company database system as well as post flight filing of flight operations documents, for monitoring purposes by the Operations Manager and Chief Pilot as required by the regulator
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Diploma in Flight Operations/Dispatch
- Current KCAA Flight Operations (FOO) License
- Knowledge in radio communication
- A minimum of 4 consecutive years of work experience in a flight operations department
- Knowledge of the aviation industry
- Excellent communicator with good command of English language
- Be ICT proficient.
- Experience of working with teams, organized and ability to plan effectively and multitask with minimum supervision