Essential Job Functions
- Facilitate CHMT meetings to internalize the budget circular;
- Support County Departments of Health (CDoH) prepare inputs for County Budget Review and Outlook Paper (CBROP); Health Systems Strengthening Advisor Quality Improvement Specialist Health Financing Specialist Gender Specialist
- Support the County Chief of Health to map stakeholders and convene/facilitate Sector Working Groups for Health (SWGs);
- Develop evidence tool kit to inform SWG and medium term budget;
- Support engagement with County Assembly Health Committee;
- Support counties to conduct Public Expenditure Reviews (PERs);
- Support capacity building of counties on Program Based Budgeting (PBB) - County cluster TOT workshops;
- Support CDoH to engage CECs of Finance/Health for more resources;
- Support counties to influence County Fiscal Strategy Paper (CFSP) for Health sector and;
- Support/facilitate Annual Work Plan (AWP) process (i.e. bring stakeholders together and review the indicative ceilings) and lobby the counties to absorb the HP+ hired planners/economists.
- The project will facilitate the TOTs to cascade the PBB training to SCHMT and Facility levels.
- Support the CHMTs to generate evidence to support investment in FP/RMNCAH, nutrition and WASH interventions and produce advocacy material to be used by members of county assemblies and other key decision makers.
- Work with HP+ to strengthen the working relationship between County Treasury, Department of Economic Planning and County Department of Health through an innovative bonding mechanism. Work with the community health services team and other stakeholders to mobilize and sensitize households to register with NHIF
- MBA or Master's degree in health economics, health policy and management, or public health with a health financing focus.
- Master’s degree in Finance preferred. Public Health, Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Business Administration, or Law degrees will be considered
- At least seven years of relevant experience in health financing, insurance, or related field, preferably USAID-funded.
- Experience in health financing in Kenya
- Experience in policy engagement with senior government planners
- Experience in providing technical assistance on financing, work planning and budgeting practices to local governments in the health sector
- Experience in proposal development for new financing opportunity, a benefit
- Experience with program design including M&E, grant management, business development preferable in a health context
- Proven ability to promote and enhance relationships between private sector actors and government stakeholders.
- Proven ability to interact effectively at senior levels of government and with a range of stakeholders