- Referral Program Administration – One Acre Fund has an innovative referral program which engages our staff members to refer people in their networks to open roles across the organization. The largest area of the Recruitment Specialist’s role will be to oversee and execute the administration of the Referral Program.
- Program Coordination – The Recruitment Specialist will ensure the Referral Program plan is up to date and all projects are on-track. They will also coordinate, set the agenda for, and lead regular program team meetings.
- Staff Engagement – The Recruitment Specialist will provide quality customer service to the 400+ staff participating in the program, as well as lead staff engagement initiatives which include bi-weekly newsletters, quarterly all-staff calls, quarterly campaigns, networking trainings, and resource and referral activity development.
- Staff On/Offboarding – As new staff members join the organization, the Recruitment Specialist will orient them to the referral program, and as staff leave, the Recruitment Specialist will be responsible for helping them understand how they can contribute to One Acre Fund’s long term recruitment goals as alumni.
- Reward Payouts – Staff who participate in the Referral Program are eligible for incentives which are paid out monthly, quarterly, and annually. The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for cleansing our candidate data, preparing a “scoreboard” where staff have access to information about their referrals, and sending a list of rewards payouts to the Finance team for disbursement.
- Reporting – Because the Referral Program is one of One Acre Fund’s top sources of hire, it is important for us to develop and review reliable metrics of program health. The Recruitment Specialist will be responsible for regular reporting and analysis of referral data.
- Program Planning Support – The Recruitment Specialist will assist in setting the annual Referral Program strategy and development of the program plan.
- Candidate Outreach – Recruitment Specialists will use recruitment tools to identify and reach out to potential candidates. They will work with the larger Recruitment Team on the outreach strategies and follow-up with potential candidates.
- Job Postings – A majority of our applicants hear about opportunities at OAF via online postings. Recruitment Specialists will ensure that all job postings are up-to-date and continuously posted to relevant online job boards candidates
- Event Support – Recruitment Specialists will assist in the coordination of recruitment events offsite (researching events, coordinating, marketing) as well as helping to plan internal department and organizational events.
- Research – The Recruitment Specialist will play an integral part in ensuring our talent search is effective and successful and would be called on to complete research or specialized tasks to assist with innovative strategies to recruit talented applicants. Recruitment Specialists will complete periodic research on new outreach channels, partners, events or tools to improve our overall reach.
We are seeking an early career professional (0-2 years' experience) with an interest in people and recruiting, experience in a fast-paced work environment, and a demonstrated long-term passion for sustainable agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa. We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are proactive; please only apply if you fit these criteria:
Experiences and Skills:
- Relevant Experience – Strong candidates are inspirational communicators and experienced networkers who will enthusiastically help One Acre Fund staff build their own networks.
- Leadership – We are looking for candidates with demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work. Examples of demonstrated leadership experience include managing a team or initiating a new project. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative, results-driven environment.
- Communication – Excellent interpersonal skills and superior written communication skills.
- Computer Skills – Strong Excel skills are required. Referral Program administration requires the ability to build databases, use complex formulas and functions to mine candidate and staff data, perform analysis and offer recommendations.
- Organizational Skills – Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail; the ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently. The ability to multi-task while effectively prioritizing. The routine tasks of the Recruitment Specialist will often have non-flexible deadlines.
- Education – Top-performing academic performance. Please include grades and test scores on your CV.
- Language – Fluent in English. Kinyarwanda and Swahili preferred. French desirable.