- Determine customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Engage and work closely with the Engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods, as well as a reasonable execution schedule.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provide source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtain product market share by working with sales team to develop product sales strategies.
- Assess product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product impact and value addition forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduce and market new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determine and assess impact on product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience. You should be able to demonstrate a good understanding of how computational systems work conceptually.
- Experience in product management or design with a focus on internet products and technologies.
- Experience in software development.
- Experience in hardware or embedded systems is a bonus
- Experience of end-to-end product management in software/web/mobile technologies.
- Good working knowledge of the web, APIs, technology infrastructure, e commerce, online advertising spaces.
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, User Interface (UI), sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
- Entrepreneurial drive with appreciation of user experience (UX) and business/commercial issues. You should demonstrate the ability to critically reason UX choices, a good understanding of the possible approaches to UX for specific features, and pragmatism in making decisions.