KOKO Networks has a growing engineering team based in based in Nairobi and Pune. Our
development methodology is based on an agile, iterative approach that allows us to build, test, deploy and learn to produce the best products for our customers.
We are currently looking for a Junior Test Engineer to mainly deal with Manual Software Testing, with proven problem solving skills and attention to detail. This is an opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing team, in an exciting and pioneering new business for urban Africa where your contributions will have a large impact.
Skills and experience required:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar
- Attention to detail in Software testing
- Experience with mobile platforms such as Android and Web based automation using python
- Knowledge of tools such as Selenium, espresso, Jira and Practitest
- Basic embedded systems knowledge
- Recently graduated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to work both in a team and individually
- Organisational skills with the capability of working towards tight deadlines
- A passion for technology
Role and Responsibilities
The role involves the following core responsibilities:
- Review requirements and create Acceptance criteria(manual test cases)
- Create good test plans in line with the product under test
- Run manual tests
- Automate tests in such a way that they are maintainable, readable and can directly be correlated with the AC.
- Maintain correct visibility of the health of a product, i.e. Communicate how many tests have been automated, etc