We seek an experienced and entrepreneurial marketing leader to join the Kenyan business as Chief Marketing Officer, based in Nairobi.
You will play a critical role in delivering the company’s targets in Kenya. Your commitment to marketing excellence will play a formative role in the further development of the company’s culture and its ability to quickly scale.
You will be required to quickly assess and strengthen the company’s Kenyan marketing team, and then lead the following functions:
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Operations
- Research and Data Analytics
The desired candidate will have the following profile:
- 10 years’ experience in consumer marketing and market intelligence roles with at least 5 years in Kenya operating at a senior management level with a marketing focus.
- Demonstrated experience in building, managing and motivating high-performing teams.
- Experience in a start-up environment.
- Strong knowledge of and relationships within the commercial ecosystem in Nairobi, including groups operating within market intelligence, marketing strategy, marketing operations, digital marketing, brand management, advertising and media.
- Experience taking new products and innovative business models to market, in both B2B and B2C contexts.
- Experience with multimedia, digital marketing strategy, content production and evaluation.
- Strong understanding of the consumer and SME experience in Nairobi, including mass-market Nairobi (eg informal settlements).
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration, notice period required, e-mail and telephone contacts.