The primary responsibility of the Community Navigator is to assist the organization in providing information and timely support to refugees and asylum seekers towards their self-reliance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as a guide to the organization in tracing clients in the community;
- Provide language interpretation and translation;
- Collect prescription medicine from RefugePoint and deliver to patients;
- Provide accurate and timely information to refugees and migrants;
- Monitor businesses supported by RefugePoint;
- Participate in community mobilization as directed by RefugePoint;
- Participate in community education as directed by RefugePoint;
- Accompany patients to the hospital when called upon.
Attend to any other duties as assigned by the line supervisor(s).
- Be a resident of Nairobi;
- Must be fluent in English and Somali;
- Must hold a UNHCR mandate refugee certificate, Government alien card and/or recent Government verification documents;
- Must have a minimum of secondary school education;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Post secondary school training e.g. in health, community development, counseling, business administration etc.
- Experience in community mobilization.