- As Customer Project team member, act as single point of contact for all technical topics, manage technical project team and master technical risks.
- Manage all technical aspects of a complex solution (architecture, systems...) during project execution: design, integration, testing, FAT, installation, commissioning, warranty...
- Define and implement the adequate solution to fulfill customer requirements in terms of technical performance, quality, costs and time; in compliance with the contract.
- Specify the technical Solution and lead the technical coordination of all projects stakeholders: Customers, other Schneider Electric entities, third parties, contractors...
- As specialist in his Technical field, assist Execution Center management in elaborating alternative/future solutions and resolving key technical issues.
Scope & Environment
Large project technical teams located in several sites / countries requiring collaboration with concerned managements, countries, Business units, etc. …
International mobility and/or travels abroad (to visit customers, partners, suppliers and/or site operations)
Key responsibilities / activities
- Perform and get customer approval on basic and detailed design of integrated solutions. In line with the contract (technical, time & performance requirements) and leveraging Schneider Electric portfolio of products and systems, maximize project profitability and manage technical risk.
- Lead technical discussion and clarification with the customer acting as key contact person for all technical related topics. Under Project Manager leadership, perform regular technical status reports and take part of meeting with the customer. Prepare and conduct Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) with the customer.
- Master all technical aspects of the Project: design, integration, testing, FAT, installation, commissioning, warranty. Validate technical choices compliance with the design (based on Technical Design Process). Manage stakeholders involved in the execution. Work in close collaboration with PM & technical leaders for sub-parts.
- Insure good project execution within allocated budget. Identify and anticipate potential risks vs. agree budget. Identify and implement technical optimization to save time and cost. Contribute to overall Project risk analysis, assess technical risks and propose all necessary actions to avoid, mitigate or reduce its impacts.
- Identify any potential changes vs. the contract or agreed design. Work closely with Project Manage to specify the change and his implications including the quotation until getting the variation order which will contribute to Project Margin Improvement.
- Master from technical perspective all technical parts of the delivery sub-contracted to external vendors in strong coordination with purchasing team. Implement clear and meaningful scoping of subpart of project scope to insure effective progress and completion monitoring
- Manage the whole technical teams involved on Project Execution. Agree with the PM and implement the technical part of the project: schedule, organization of the technical team, manage related costs and monitor the workload.
- Alert on a possible non-technical feasibility as soon as identified. Provide necessary reporting to the PM and management.
Manage the interface with the other departments from technical perspective: R&D, COE, Quality, Process, Customer Satisfaction, Safety, Environment ...
- Take part of Technical leader Community of Practice within his Execution Center, globally within Execution Center network and BUs. Identify, formalize, share and promote lessons learned and best practices. Act as role model and/or coach of junior TLs.
- Support PM for project team full compliance with Schneider-Electric processes, quality instructions, safety requirements and governance principles.
Lead Project technical team to correct any technical deviations or quality issues occurring during project execution implementing quality process (G8D, ...).
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering is a must
- Master's degree in engineering is a must
- Fluent in English
- Another language will be valuable
- 5 years leading technical projects or as Solution Application Engineer for large and international Customer projects
- 5 years in his technical field of expertise (ED, EA, ITB, ecoB, eHouse, …)
- Proven ability to lead with agility functional and remote technical team having different fields of expertise
- Able to communicate in concise and synthetic manner complex technical issues/topics
- Able to take decisions in complex context based on imperfect/missing conditions