Name of Function: Civil Site Quality Supervisor
Job Family: Engineering
Function Type: Site Management
Position Level: Sub-Site Civil Supervisor
Mission of Function:
- Supporting the Site Management in its responsibility for quality management, the quality plan and project-specific quality issues as well as quality controls applied to on-site construction of all civil and building services engineering disciplines and be the Siemens contact person for all matters of quality assurance on site.
Dimensions of Function:
- Functionally reporting support to the Civil Site Manager/General Site Manager.
Project Management, Civil Engineering, Equipment Engineering, Procurement, QMiP, HSEMiP, Employees of local entities
Contractors, Client´s Site Representative and Client´s Consultant
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks
On Site activities
Identification and documentation of problems in products, processes and the quality program:
- Representing the quality management system vis-à-vis the Customer and Sub Contractors; maintaining direct contact with the customer’s site representative / the customer’s consultant and the sub-contractors for the purpose of achieving immediate and non bureaucratic clarification of general on-site problems of quality management.
- Planning and performance of audits at sub-contractors (and its local suppliers) on site, tracking of deviations/non-conformance identified and providing support for internal audits.
- Monitoring/advising the sub-contractors (and its suppliers) for compliance with quality management system requirements agreed to in the given contract (in FQP, etc.); controls shall be implemented in accordance with the project-specific specifications on a random, spot-inspection basis and in parallel over the entire course of site activities. One area of emphasis shall be the performance and inspection of material quality.
- Reporting on QA/QC activities within the framework of weekly and monthly reporting by site management directly to the project office.
- Establish, maintain and improve field quality inspection program with sub-contractors
- Ensure contractors execute construction in accordance with contract, local codes and standards
- Monitor contractor´s quality organization plans, resourcing and performance
Initiation, proposal and provision of solutions to quality problems
- Implementation of the Quality Management System on site (it includes tracking of deviations/non-conformance detected)
- Coordination with respect to QA/QC of sub-contractors and client´s site representative/consultant
- Ensuring information and experience feedback covering the QA/QC scope of responsibility.
- Verification of performance of corrective and preventive actions.
- Control of further processing, supply, installation and operation of nonconforming products until their repair or replacement. When requested, provision of support for review of certificates associated with supplied components/materials
- Administration of non-conformance reports/records (NCR); maintaining a list of non-conformance and follow-up of these items until clarified with the customer and eliminated.
- Cooperation with third-party organizations for acceptance inspections and testing.
- Submission of requests to Site Management to cease nonconforming work.
- Responsible for monitoring performance of weld inspections and non-destructive examinations, and performance of further QC activities coordinated and agreed with Site Management.
- Ensuring compliance with the requirements, regulations and procedures governing occupational health & safety and environmental protection within his or her defined scope of responsibility.
- Coordinating and monitoring document controlling of design documentation at the project site as well as use of the site document archive. Driving and monitoring (random spot-checks) compilation of site technical documentation.
- Cooperation with Quality Manager (QMiP) on project quality issues.
Techniques (Technologies / Methodologies / Professional Knowledge)
- Civil Construction
- Civil site supervision in respect to QA/QC
- Civil work requirements in HVDC
- Knowledge about Quality code & standards
- Cost evaluation of civil and station works
- Quality Documentation
- Quality test procedures for Civil and Building Services
- Site organization
- Cost tracking and reporting
- 5 years experience as an Civil supervision or management in turn-key projects
Project / Process
- 3 years experience in quality management processes in turn-key projects.
- Experience in working with international teams
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Result and quality orientation
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering or Technician, Experienced in MS-Office
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send your updated CV through email@example.com by mentioning the specific job title in the subject.