The Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Platform-wide improvements to the existing Learner Account, Partner Account, and Arifu Admin Account;
- Leading and supporting product builds (depending on ability and interest) such as our Android app, Messenger and third party chat integration, adaptive learning engine, predictive analytics, gamification, partner API;
- Dreaming up powerful new features that will improve the lives of our learners and create more value for partners;
- Learning from live AB tests and internal analytics to upgrade features based on solid evidence;
- Running scrums and sprint cycles with your fellow devs and product manager;
- Keeping up with the essentials: testing, bug fixes, deployment, and documentation;
- Active participation in community events, trade meetups, and industry workshops in Nairobi and globally.
A desire to impact lives, the ability to make a long term commitment to your team and the product, and exceptional problem solving abilities are all essential prerequisites on the Arifu team. For this role, we’re also looking for someone with the following:
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in software development after completing an undergraduate degree;
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in CS, IT or related field. Masters level preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities in MVC, PHP, Java, and MySQL;
- Working knowledge of Python, R, AWS, Git, Bitbucket, SMS, IVR, HTML5, and Laravel will be advantageous;
- Fluency in spoken and written English a must. Strong Swahili a plus;
- Ability to work off of and build upon other people’s code;
- Ability to get things done! We are all super ambitious and the road to greatness is paved with many lines of code;
- Ability to enjoy (and survive) the chaos of a high-growth tech company;
Compensation and Benefits:
Your salary will be competitive and based on experience. Every Arifu team member also becomes part owner of the company after their first year through participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan. We’ve got flexible holidays and a set of great benefits. Most importantly of all, you’ll have unlimited ping pong and foosball while at Arifu HQ!
Send your CV to email@example.com with “Software Engineer" in the subject, tell us what excites you about this role, and include at least one sample of your work so we can see the quality of your craft.