The UX researcher will work closely with learning designers, product managers and data scientists to discover insights on our learners and turn them into product innovations that improve the user experience for both our learners and partners.
The UX Researcher will report directly to the Chief Learning Officer and be responsible for:
- Developing and executing a user research program that delivers continuous insights to product and management teams to fuel product development and project design
- Leading field research across segments of our actual and potential learner base to understand the real reasons driving various usage behaviors and to measure demand for potential features.
- Engaging partners—content providers, distributors, researchers—and industry experts in structured interviews to identify opportunities for increasing the ROI of Arifu platform and content services.
- Building internal systems for compiling our growing knowledge base and making it accessible across teams;
- Collaborating with a growing team of exceptional researchers, data analysts, and product managers to conduct targeted field, desk, and lab-based research activities and translate them into actionable recommendations;
- Maintaining strong project management capabilities with planning, communicating, documenting, and tracking milestones and results;
- Contributing to Arifu’s external thought leadership by sharing the interesting discoveries coming out of your research through blogs and speaking engagements;
- Actively participating in community events, trade meetups, and industry workshops in Nairobi and globally.
A desire to impact lives, the ability to make a long term commitment to your team and the product, and exceptional problem solving abilities are all essential prerequisites on the Arifu team. For this role, we’re also looking for someone with the following:
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in a product design or research capacity;
- Minimum Bachelor-level degree. Masters degree preferred but not required;
- Experience conducting HCD and qualitative research with working knowledge of effective research methodologies suitable for low-income audiences.
- Quantitative research skills and ability to work with R or STATA will be advantageous but not essential;
- Fluency in English required and fluency in Swahili preferred;
- Innate curiosity, measured skepticism, and a desire to find answers to the difficult “Why’s”;
- Ability to enjoy (and survive) the chaos of a high-growth startup.
Compensation and Benefits:
First and foremost, we care about your success and will support you along your journey to achieving remarkable success. Your salary will be competitive and based on experience. Every Arifu team member also becomes part owner of the company after their first year through participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan. We’ve got flexible holidays and a set of great benefits. Most importantly, you’ll have unlimited ping pong and foosball while at Arifu HQ!
Send your CV to email@example.com with “UX Researcher" in the subject, tell us what excites you about this role, and include at least one sample of your work so we can see the quality of your craft. In your cover letter, please indicate from where you heard about this role.