Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and implementation of annual procurement plans for the Company;
- Ensure smooth, speedy and efficient procurement of goods and services;
- Ensure stocks control; iv. Ensure timely receipt and processing of requisitions from user departments;
- Lead in floatation of quotation and invitations of bidders;
- Ensure economy, efficiency and effectiveness in purchasing;
- Initiate review of procurement policies, regulations and standards;
- Undertake marketing surveillance of relevant products;
- Review re-order levels and monitor the movement of stores;
- Establish a suppliers’ register developed from the results of annual tenders;
- Advice management on the best procurement practices.
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Economics, Supplies Management or its equivalent with Five (5) years working experience;
- Diploma in Procurement /Supply Chain Management with Ten (10) years working experience in a similar position;
- Licensed Member of KISM;
- Computer proficiency;
- Report writing skills.
Applications must include a cover letter, CV, copies of academic certifications and / or testimonials. Applicants for the above positions are required to get clearance from the under listed organizations to meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
➢ Kenya Revenue Authority
➢ Higher Education Loans Board
➢ Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
➢ Criminal Investigation Department
➢ Credit Reference Bureau
Applications should be addressed to;
The Managing Director,
Kakamega County Water and Sanitation Company,
P.O. Box 1189 – 50100, Kakamega.
The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.