To provide a range of specialised support for efficient planning, monitoring and analysis of project financial performance to enhance optimal use of financial resources.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Review budget plans, monitor and analyse project financial performance and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices, to support financial analysis and optimisation of resources.
- Provide comprehensive analysis on fund and grant balances identifying surpluses and deficits, and suggest corrective measures, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process.
- Support pipeline management ensuring efficient monitoring, to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximise operational effectiveness.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, and budget management and monitoring of resource utilisation.
- Enter project budget plans and revisions in the corporate systems, to ensure data is timely and accurately captured enabling easy access to information and supporting planning and decision-making.
- Review, compile and analyse data, maintain accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain communication with a number of stakeholders regarding project funds management matters and related processes, to clarify any discrepancies and optimise use of funds.
- Provide guidance to other support staff and contribute to their learning and development in budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to facilitate continued development and consistency in services delivered.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least five (5) years of progressive experience in budget preparation, and monitoring resource support in supply chains
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Capacity to produce high quality products when working under pressure and with competing deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Good analytical skills, resourcefulness, initiative, and maturity of judgement.
- Has supported the preparation and management of budgets.
- Has assisted with the monitoring of budgets/resource plans/pipelines/supply chains.
- Has assisted with budget/allotment related issues within the WFP budget system.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Successful completion of secondary school education, preferably supplemented by a post-secondary certificate in the related functional area, including communication, economics, development studies, social sciences or international relations. A degree in the mentioned fields is an added advantage.
Language: Fluency Level (C) in English