We are looking for an IT specialist- Senior Business Analyst to be based in Nairobi Kenya who will:
- Conduct interviews to extract process knowledge from key staff and translate into process maps and detailed training materials that capture step-by-step activities required by each team and role to complete each process.
- Document core operational processes, creating detailed process maps and associated materials.
- Understand how to model business processes at various levels of detail and present the results of process analysis in a compelling way
- Interpret, recommend, evaluate, and analyze data, business processes, procedures and controls
- Ensure process improvement and optimization is a key aspect of Solution Design
- Manage and deliver process optimization projects
- Develop and roll out implementation plans to ensure new and existing staff use the new process documentation and conduct the required trainings using the standard operational processes
- Define change management process to ensure that updates to processes are fully documented and understood by all stakeholders
- Monitor staff use of new process documentation and establish reporting metrics to identify future changes required to drive improvement
- Be able to rapidly and effectively build a measures framework for monitoring, control, and/or improvement
- Ability to learn and experience in application of leading methods, process models and associated tools & techniques
- Strong process skills, analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative Possess ‘Can do’attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years experience or higher
- Solid experience in process re-engineering, in particular process mapping, analysis, design and redesign with demonstrable successes.
- Possess some Lean, Six Sigma and/or Industrial Engineering experience
- Self-learning, energetic, enthusiastic and good team player
- Willing to work hard and under pressure
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Project management experience would be a plus.
- Experience in a policy or public sector environment would be a plus
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skills Experience with one ormore OOP language (eg. Java, Python, C++)
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (e.g., postgres, DB2, mongo)
- Experience with at least one front-end framework (e.g., angular, react)
- Mobile Android and iOS development
- Experience building at least one production application
- Experience with agile methodology
Impact: Develop technologies, analytics and algorithms in financial inclusion and financial services projects . Identify data-driven methods when more traditional approaches are infeasible. Transform research insights into real-world systems for use across the continent.