- Contribute to establishing standards for scientific rigor and quality of all research, data collection, analysis and report writing undertaken as part of the project.
- Lead the study and analytical work in Kenya in partnership with the PI, RTI experts, and Kenyan institutions, and contribute to the design of overall project activities, methodologies and deliverables.
- Coordinate research and work products with the PI as well as co-PIs located in Tanzania and Rwanda.
- Ensure the analysis, reports and recommendations that result from the Kenya research products are technically sound, clear and practical.
- As applicable, prepare briefs for both policy and academic audiences in Kenya.
Program Leadership, Management and Coordination
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with partners and stakeholders in Kenya in partnership with the PI.
- Develop a project workplan for Kenya that will be combined with workplans for Tanzania and Rwanda, draft and finalize reports/deliverables with input from the other co-PIs and the PI, and contribute to financial reporting documentation as needed.
- Meet regularly in person and electronically with the PI and other co-PIs to discuss activity implementation and progress.
- Undertake site visits within Kenya, and, if required, to the other target countries.
- Establish/strengthen relationships with government counterparts, research institutions, academic partners and other stakeholders in Kenya.
Requirements for the Project Manager Job
- Master’s level degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Research Methodology, or related field;
- Candidates must have at least eight years of progressive experience in the design and oversight of complex research studies related to knowledge management, political economy analysis and related fields.
- Existing relationship with an academic institution, think tank or research institute in Kenya.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the broad array of institutions and actors involved in the knowledge sector in Kenya.
- Demonstrated success managing against programmatic deliverable.