We are looking for a passionate Senior PHP Developer responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage solutions such as databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc
- Build an algorithm for stored data to show results relevant to the user based on the search keywords and location.
Skills And Qualifications
- BA in Computer science or any related field
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as CakePHP, Zend, Laravel, Symfony
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Object-oriented application building experience in a professional Agile/Scrum environment
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Experience in working with Elastic Search, Solr, Sphinx or any other search improvement technologies
- Proficiency in Linux environment.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience in test automation and test-driven development
- Experience with AWS/EC2, or other cloud services
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
Project related competencies
Solution Development and Delivery
- Dedication to detail - Understanding that the devil is in the detail and it’s details that make the difference.
- Understands standard systems development life-cycle processes and applies our methodology effectively on product development.
- Applies knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Planning - We love when projects are efficient and delivered on time. The ideal candidate should be able to plan and work executing against deadlines but also to find ways to maximize the efficiency in an agile process.
- Adheres to design standards defined by technical management.
- Accurately employs our development tools.
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
- Seeks input from mentors and supervisors.
- Actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
- Accurately completes and submits time and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner.
- Complies with all of our policies and procedures.