Summary: JOB PURPOSE: To effectively implement procurement plans and activities for the Operations in Kilifi Office to support Programme plans by ensuring that the required services and supplies are consistently and continually provided, are the highest quality and are cost effective.
- Implement internal controls, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with procurement control procedures.
- Receive approved requisitions and prepare and dispatch local purchase orders (LPOs) as needed for provisions and follow up to ensure timely delivery.
- Ensure quality products and services are sourced and supplied at the best prices.
- Monitor unfilled orders and if necessary consult the Procurement Manager for guidance on alternative suppliers.
- Verify bills/ invoices against orders before forwarding for authorisation and for payment.
- Prepare inventory coding and classification of supplies, materials etc. and ensure proper inventory control and satisfy that there is no pilferage or loss.
- Review the stock management system to determine re-order requirements, identify the most suitable supplier from the pre-qualified suppliers and if needed request pro forma invoices.
- Maintain good working relationships with suppliers and ensure regular and effective communication to ensure that ordered goods or services are delivered within the agreed delivery time and specifications.
- Carry out regular stock takes.
- Participate in conducting regular market surveys on prices.
- Maintain and update records including files, supplier/contractor databases, contract documents, orders, inventory stocks, issued stocks and balances.
- Generate purchase reports as required.
- A Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS), Stores Management or equivalent and a Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or related field
- At least three years procurement experience
- Knowledge of and experience in vendor management, market analysis, competitive analysis etc.
- Computer literate with proficiency in email and Microsoft applications
- Membership with the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- Strong planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Problem-solving skills, decision making and attentive to detail
- Strong record keeping skills and ability to generate reports as required
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and a team player with the ability to work in multi-cultural environments
- Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Integrity, ability to take and follow instructions and to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and willingness to help and take on additional roles
- Good communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills