This position is responsible for the facilitation of movement of the Commission staff to the respective destination is done in a safe manner by use of designated routes, locked vehicles at all times, observation of speed limits, passenger use of safety belt as per the Commission’s travel policy.
- Facilitate the transfer of Commission staff to field activities on time and in a safe and reliable manner.
- Pick and drop official Commission visitors and staff, to and from airport and take them to their required destination.
- Inform the Administration Officer of due motor vehicle insurance and the Senior Driver/ Mechanic of due mechanical service of all Commission vehicles.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Commission vehicle at all times, carry out routine basic service check before use of the vehicle and report any defects to Senior Driver/Mechanic.
- Ensure a work ticket is produced and approved before taking up any assignment and record all details including use of fuel card before submission to Administration Officer.
- Observe defensive driving skills at all times during transfers to ensure fuel efficiency and forecast potential hazards ahead and avoid the said hazard.
- Collect assignment schedules from Administration Officer and carry out official errands such as payments of utilities bills, collects and delivers mails and collect approved visas on behalf of commission staff.
- Assist in basic support functions of Office administration i.e. photocopies, binding and filing when in the office, pending a transfer assignment.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (D+) or equivalent grade and a Valid BCE Driving Licence
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of major towns in Kenya.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (Traffic Act).
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Good Organizational and Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work well with teams.
- Compliance with chapter six of the constitution.