Reporting to the Director/Information Technology and Enterprise Resource Management, the job holder will be responsible for protecting the Authority’s computers, networks and data against threats, such as security breaches, computer viruses or attacks by cyber-criminals. This will involve developing, maintaining and monitoring compliance of all information security policies and procedures. The job holder will have the following
key responsibilities: -
- Undertakes security analysis and risk management
- Undertakes penetration tests
- Manages internal audits on information security processes, controls and systems
- Plans and implements security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data
- Responsible for preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will eectively protect the Authority’s network
- Creates tests and implements network disaster recovery plans
- Performs risk assessments and testing of data processing systems, installing firewalls, data encryption and other security measures recommending security enhancements and purchases
- Trains sta on network and information security procedures
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/Management Information Systems.
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience
- Should be a member of a professional body.
- Seven (7) years’ relevant experience, five (5) of which should be in a managerial position.
- Possession of relevant postgraduate degree will an added advantage