Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of the institution’s strategy in order to ensure alignment of the credit function with the institution and Group’s overall strategy.
- Overall management of the Credit and Credit Administration Departments and implementation of adequate structures and controls to facilitate quality delivery of credit and high performance by staff.
- Ensure that the institution has the right systems, processes and policies to guide all aspects of credit monitoring and credit administration.
- Exercise oversight of the Credit Administration process to ensure management of the credit process and portfolio for the institution across the entire value chain.
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer and the Head of Finance and Planning, in the evaluation of projected company cash flow through the maintenance of a loan pipeline reports and loan payoff reports.
- Provide support to the Heads of Credit in the subsidiaries with regard to credit appraisals and identifying potential areas of weakness to minimize credit losses within the business.
- Provide leadership to grow and maintain a profitable credit portfolio for the institution.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- The successful candidate must have at least ten years’ experience with at least five years at senior management level in an active commercial environment or a large financial institution.
- S/he should have a Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Accounting or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized university.
- The incumbent must be a Certified Public Accountant holder with a valid membership to the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or similar qualifications from other recognized professional bodies